The 'wack Off
Saturday, August 27, 2005
  Do I know you?
So I work at a gym and that's enough background information to start this story off. During every shift I periodically check on the condition of the bathroom(men and women's) which includes a quick glance at the floor, a paper towel check, and a toilet paper check. Anyway, the other day as I'm checking the stalls for rolls of toilet paper(to make sure they have them), some random guy says to me, "Checkin' for queers?"

Was that wrong of him? Should I have laughed or given him a high five? At what point did he think that was funny? What if I were gay? What if I were the gayest man to ever walk the planet?

Every shift I speak with a ton of people and some I talk to for more than a minute. The bathroom commentator is not one of them. Those were his first words to me...ever. Shouldn't you know a person or feel the situation out before revealing THAT side of your personality?

Just wondering. Because it just didn't seem like our relationship had advanced to that point and I'm worried that maybe, it's just me.
 
Comments:
Maybe he wanted to know if you were looking for copies of Queer, "an early short novel (written 1951-1953, published 1985) by William S. Burroughs. It is a partial sequel to the tale in his earlier novel Junky. The novel tells the moody story of a brief love/lust affair and the influence of drug-taking, set in 1940s Mexico and South America. The novel is semi-autobiographical. It also has a detached cinematic quality that is absent from his later novels."
 
I'm a big, fat, judgemental monster.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Formerly "Sorry, Maureen", this blog deals with life, death and everything in between.

Name:
Location: Bohemia, New York, United States

Where there's a Wil, there's a Wheaton.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / November 2006 / February 2007 / August 2007 /


Powered by Blogger