The 'wack Off
Thursday, August 18, 2005
  Best Month Ever: Day 9
Day 9: Sunday

Kristen wakes me up at 7:15 asking if I want to catch the 8am ferry because the crowded boat cabin is hot and none of us could get some sleep. Her friend Heather slept over, but not before she messed around with a guy she didn't even like at 9pm(what a difference 5 hours makes). We all head home, I grab an egg sandwich(hours after a hamburger and I feel sick), and fall asleep until one.

At one, all beached out, we decide to drive to the Cheesecake Factory which we have been putting off for at least 2 years. We always talk about going, but the drive, combined with the incredibly long waits that are par for the place, always change our mind. Anyway, we go, the food is great, but the waiter takes great offense(is it offence?), to our wanting every portion of the meal bagged. We never bag appetizers, but the nacho plate was so big, and so good, that I figured it would be just the thing to heat up around 11pm(eating during Seinfeld is a good thing, right?). When he came back with the nachos bagged he tossed them from a great height and they came crashing down with the weight of a thousand babies. I decided at that point to take a buck off the tip, but later on forgot about it when he proved to be rather charming during Kristen's cheesecake selection. I hate cheesecake because it tastes like cheesecake.

I picked up Everquest 2 before dinner and spent the rest of the night rotating between my Froglock mage and cleaning the room.
 
Comments:
I love cheesecake, but I'm not a big fan of regular cake, so on my birthday every year, my mom makes me cheesecake instead. Mmm, cheesecake. Plain cheesecake with raspberrys > the world.

I think I'm done with MMORPGs. They just take up too much time, and they're unfulfilling. The original reason that I picked up Guild Wars was so that I could play with some high school buddies who I don't get to see in on a regular basis. That hasn't worked though, for the same reason we don't hang out IRL: our schedules are just too different. Once I beat the game, I think I'll call it quits and go back to PC FPSs.
 
I realize that my Froglock will most likely never advance beyond level 25, but I'm having fun anyway. I love the sense of exploration that MMOs give you. And with no popup, like the PS2 version, EQ2 is really something to look at. Easily the best, graphically, of the three I own.

I know I'll play it for another month or two and put it down. But I'll probably return a few months later and do the same.

As for the time thing, yeah, they're an investment, but I still play in hour long blocks mostly.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Formerly "Sorry, Maureen", this blog deals with life, death and everything in between.

Name:
Location: Bohemia, New York, United States

Where there's a Wil, there's a Wheaton.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / November 2006 / February 2007 / August 2007 /


Powered by Blogger