The 'wack Off
Friday, August 12, 2005
  Best Month Ever: Day 7
Day 7 has just hit 12:21pm and if it weren't for a buzz happy barber, this entry wouldn't have even been thought about until sometime tomorrow. But as it were...

How, you say, can my ears seem any bigger? Easy. BUZZCUT MY ENTIRE HEAD!

About an hour ago I walked into the local barber shoppe(shoh pee) and took a seat next to the three men who had, from the looks of it, been waiting all morning for a haircut. I didn't even get a chance to pop the top on my sugar free Red Bull when the spanisher of the two barbers asked if I wanted a haircut. The others were all waiting on the balder of the two barbers so, guilt free, I skipped ahead and onto the chair.

"What do you like me to do today?" he said.

"Um, uh, just go shorter, but not so much shorter that my head seems shaved."

"buh? he said.

"Cut the hair (I made a circular motion above my head) up here shorter and go a bit shorter on the sides. But I don't want it to look shaved."

"And the front you want longer?" he said.

"No. That's okay. It always curls up on me and then I'm like (I pretend to supress the curls near the front of my face) or like (I pretend to push the curls back towards the rear of my head)."

"Ah(he chuckles)," he said.

Ten seconds later....Woosh. A razor, I'm guessing at a number 2 clip, shoots right back from the top of my forehead to the base of my spine. I would link you to a picture of "Hawk"(R.I.P) from the Legion of Doom(AKA: Road Warriors), but I'm to lazy. Needless to say, for those who can picture it, I looked just like that. It was not, as they say, a rush.

But, questioning everything I might've said to the barber, I let him finish(the entire time debating whether or not I had instructed him to remove all signs of hair). Plus, what was I going to say after the middle strip of my scalp was removed? To top it off I still tipped him the usual, or MY usual, and left him none the wiser.

Anyway, it'll grow back. It's not THAT bad. But still, I feel like Tom Cruise in "Minority Report" or worse..Pauly Shore in "In the Army Now". The real bitch of it is that I was always saving my first head shaving for if and when a family member got cancer. I've always admired people who do that. It's um, supportive....or something.
 
Comments:
We need to channel the power of flickr to see what your new do looks like.

I have the same problem with haircuts. Even if I hate it and it's nothing like what I tried to describe to them, I can't even remotely indicate to the person that I didn't like the haircut. Usually, they are still holding the scissors and/or have my glasses hostage, so it is probably better for me to shut it.
 
Exactly.

I'll have the "do" Flickr'd by tonight hopefully.
 
Obituary: Best Month Ever.
Birth Announcement: Best Week Ever.

The Best Month Ever is dead! Long live the Best Week Ever!
 
No...no.

I was on a mini-vaca and have to catch up with this.

I'll probably blur a few days to save time...but the good stuff, what there is of it, will be there for all to read.
 
oh and LOL...I forgot to write LOL.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Formerly "Sorry, Maureen", this blog deals with life, death and everything in between.

Name:
Location: Bohemia, New York, United States

Where there's a Wil, there's a Wheaton.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / November 2006 / February 2007 / August 2007 /


Powered by Blogger