The 'wack Off
Friday, August 05, 2005
  Among the Thugs
I've read the first 30 pages on the toilet (seperate sittings) and it's already proven to be a great purchase. It's about the hooliganism of the European soccer fan(circa early 80's) and the author, so far, has described every event, person, and gross detail so vividly, it makes Tolkien's description of Lothlorien seem like a half assed summary of a crappy forest.

I may be the target audience for this book (as my fascination with European Football continues to peak), but it's a great read for anyone interested in grizzly characters and "actual" real life ones at that. Go to amazon and read the reviews, they'll go into more detail than I'm going to do. This is just a heads up.

Oh, and I keep all of my books in pristine condition. I'm talking healthy spines, no bent pages, no weird circular beverage container stains...nothing. But I'm just dying to ding this book up! It reads and looks like a book that should be filthy, bent to hell, and spit on. It should probably smell a little too.

Either way, pick it up or don't, it won't make the loss of my beta, "Creama", any easier to deal with.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Formerly "Sorry, Maureen", this blog deals with life, death and everything in between.

Name:
Location: Bohemia, New York, United States

Where there's a Wil, there's a Wheaton.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / November 2006 / February 2007 / August 2007 /


Powered by Blogger